Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sun, 26 Nov - The Clammy Saga Continues!

My sister, having seen the clams I've dugged up from Pasir Ris beach was also itching to give it a try. Apparently she shares the same fond childhood memories of digging clams at East Coast beach and cooking it in instant noodles!

So we arranged to meet there in the morning. It was much harder work than my sister expected, especially with our inadequate plastic toy spades, and it wasn't so easy to find the clams. However, soon we got the hang of it, and we managed to dig out a good haul with the help of the kids and my maid. Here are my sis, kids and maid toiling in the late morning sun. Lauren and Isaac were smarter, they just relaxed in the shade...My sister said that we should go to the beaches at Malaysia one day to dig for clams.

We had lunch at my SIL's place at Tampines. Later the kids swam at my place and then we went to Seletar Country Club for dinner. I was quite disappointed that I missed going to the Popular Warehouse Sale at the Expo. Just had no time to squeeze it in even though we were at the east. I'm a sucker for book sales, and I had already missed the Penguin Book sale a couple of weeks earlier.

No comments: