Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sat, 11 Nov - Viva la VivoCity!

Since Cheryl didn't have her usual Chinese class today, my sister suggested we go Vivocity in the morning. Thankfully we managed to find carpark space pretty easily. The kids had a lot of fun exploring the open playcourt as you can see from the pics here. My sis and I managed to escape to check out the Cold Storage supermarket which apparently sells alot of organic products. We didn't buy much stuff before TT called to inform us that it had started to drizzle and that the kids were hungry. So we decided to have lunch at the Kopitiam food court at B2. Boy, was the place crowded. I'm guessing while we were happily browsing in the supermarket, the crowd was just streaming continuously into the mall. Around noon there were people, people everywhere.


After lunch, TT left for his all-important badminton game. Cheryl pestered me to do the stained glass art thingy again, so I gave in, knowing full well that she had music class at 3pm. But, I thought we could just squeeze it in. How wrong I was... By the time they finished, it was already 2.30pm. Isaac was already asleep in my maid's arms. From Vivocity, I first dropped off the maid and Isaac back at my place, followed by my sis and nieces at Clementi, before finally going for the music class at Clementi Central. My job was made more challenging by the non-stop heavy rain. Wet, wet, wet everywhere. We were half and hour late for class...

After music class, I picked up my sis and nieces again and brought them to our place for dinner. My mum had brought back some of my favourite ayam buah keluak (a peranakan dish), from my eldest aunt. At night we all settled down to watch the animated movie "Hoodwinked" on DVD. I enjoyed the show, though the kids got rather bored (as usual) after a while.

Some afterthougts about Vivocity: From first impressions, I think it's a really cool place, especially the open spaces for kids to run about. There's alot to look at, though many are just repeats of the usual retail shops. I'm definitely going back again do more exploring. Have to do this during weekdays or in the mornings when crowds will not be too thick. I have a sensitive "crowd-o-meter" that makes me really edgy if the reading gets too high, more so if I happen to have young children in tow. What I really hate most is a crowded and dirty toilet!

No comments: