Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sun, 12 Nov - A Sunny, Pony and Clammy Day (for want of a better title)

The day started out beautifully sunny, quite unlike the wet day before. We hadn't met up with my in-laws for weeks now, so we decided to go to Pasir Ris Park because they all live in the east. We went to the part where the horses were (I wrote a previous entry on this). My nephews rented bikes, and TT also rented one with a baby seat for Isaac to ride on. Cheryl was not interested (maybe still traumatised by her bike falling into the Botanic Gardens pond?), so I walked along the path with her. We stopped to pat and feed the ponies. Below is a pic of Cheryl patting a pair of pigmy ponies. I like their blonde fringe and lashes! And the pic that follows is a posed picture of me (my hand, rather) trying to do the forbidden! (I didn't in the end... I'm far too law-abiding, hee.) When we reached the beach, I played sand with the kids. We just dug sand and picked seashells.


I was reliving my childhood days where I used to dig the sand for live clams. And then me and my sis would bring them home and cook them in our instant noodles! I think I spent about half and hour digging about 4m stretch of sand and managed to dig out 14 live clams. I was quite pleased with my "catch" as I didn't expect to find so many. I'm sure the people fishing at the beach were quite amused by this grown woman digging diligently in the sun as if looking for hidden treasure! I collected some sea water in a container and put the clams in it. This is the picture of the live clams, with their body parts sticking out. I've never seen them this way before, because they were always eaten before they could be observed! The clams were actually pretty active, moving about in the water. I even took a video of their movements because I was quite intrigued. The kids also seem quite amused by them though they couldn't see what the fuss was about. I am now wondering what I should do with them eventually. Shall I cook them? You shall know in a few days time... (I think I need a life... here I am blogging about the adventures of dug-up clams).

After all the hard work digging the sand, we went to White Sands for lunch. We all had chicken rice at the food court and these are the kids fooling around at the helicopter kiddie ride there. Then we went to the Library to borrow some books. Isaac seems to regard the library as a toilet, because almost every time we step into a library, he poops! Fortunately, TT took him to the toilet to wash him up... Both Isaac and Cheryl slept in the car on the way back home. Isaac continued on with his nap back home. My maid was off today so I decided to prepare dinner today! Just didn't feel like eating out again. This is indeed rare... so must blog it down! I fried nasi goreng from leftover rice for TT & myself and the kids had pasta bolognaise. Cheryl even helped me to cut the french beans and watched me as I cooked.

After dinner, I lost my temper at Cheryl that evening over some trivial matter, and TT sensing the tension, took the kids out for some ice-cream so that I could enjoy some peace. By the time they came back, all was forgotten. Cheryl had too much ice cream and she threw up a bit at night. Hopefully she won't be too greedy next time...

No comments: