Thursday, November 30, 2006

Look Ma! Sew Simple!

This post actually continues from the previous one... Saturday has still not ended for me. At night when the kids were asleep, I made a cloth cover for the electone organ. I bought a piece of black cloth from Daiso, and using the old cover (which was in a bad state) as a template guide, I cut out the pieces. I had bought this fabric glue from Popular, called SewSimple from Bostik, and was just dying to try it out. I had seen the promotional video at the store and was sold. Yeah, I'm easily convinced...It's not cheap at $11.90.

I am quite pleased with the results. Tah dah! Here is the completed cover. I never learned to use the sewing machine because I didn't take home econs at secondary school. I have a small machine which I bought before Isaac was born and said I would try to use it, but never did. I had so many projects I wanted to try but couldn't because I didn't know how to sew. This fabric glue is really the easy way out. Now I have less motivation to learn how to use the sewing machine...Also, using the glue is so quiet. I wouldn't have been able to operate a sewing machine in the dead of the night, would I?

Even my mum looked impressed...

No comments: