Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sat, 25 Nov - Another Busy Saturday

We decided to go to VivoCity in the morning as I had two things to do there: collect a $10 cash voucher from Toys 'R Us, and also collect 2 complimentary movie tickets from the Golden Village cinema. I had won the tickets in a lucky draw jointly organised by GV and SBSTransit.

Like the last time we went to VivoCity, we could easily find carpark space in the morning. While the kids played at the playground, I went first to collect the movie tickets. The counter staff informed me that they had "run out" of tickets to give out. I was very pissed because the letter stated that I can collect my tickets before 30 November. Nowhere did it say it was on a first-come-first-served basis. This definitely warrants a complaint letter. Update: I wrote a complaint letter on Monday morning, and the complimentary tickets are on their way via post. :)

Sometimes it's sad the way things work here. We need to make noise before action gets taken. Many would just shrug it off and say it's just 2 tickets, let's forget it. I wasn't hardup for the complimentary tickets either, just so irritated at the way they didn't really honour what were rightfully entitled to winners. After having written several complaint letters in the past, I believe it is an effort worth taking to assert your rights as a consumer or customer.

Anyway, next stop was to Toys R' Us to collect a $10 voucher. Then I looked for the Thomas engine that was supposed to be on offer at $29.90. Unfortunately, the engine only made sounds and lights up. What we wanted was the engine to actually move and pull the carriages around our wooden tracks. This type of engine costs $39.90. Sigh... should get or not? Then as we looked around all the range of Thomas the Tank Engine toys, we found a Christmas edition Thomas train set that came with a battery-operated Thomas and 2 carriages that even played the "Jingle Bells" tune. Included also were wooden tracks to place round a christmas tree. This set was selling at $59.90.
The big kids (TT and myself) decided to go for it. With the $10 voucher it would cost us $49.90. On hindsight, this was pure splurging. I think TT and myself really wanted very much to play with the engine! My sister also caved in that day and bought herself a pizza stone from Tangs, costing $45. She felt so relieved having bought it because she found out it was the last piece.

We didn't regret buying the train set. Little Thomas the Tank Engine pulled the carriages around our wooden tracks like a dream. We "tortured" it by making it pull a long trail of carriages (see the trains at the bottom right of the picture below). You really get what you pay for. The kids, especially Isaac, and including me, just watched the trains go by for a long, long time. And I also discovered something else... my maid is a whizz at making complex track systems as well! This one in the picture was constructed by her. I must say I was quite impressed and also ashamed of showing off my own creations in a previous post! hehe...

TT took the car for badminton, so Cheryl and I took the MRT to her music class at Clementi. On Cheryl's request, we took the double decker bus 147 back home after class. My sister, itching to try her new pizza stone decided to make pizza for dinner. Here are the kids doing their own pizza toppings. I didn't have the proper equipment at home, so transferring the pizzas to the stone was a real challenge. The pizzas were all odd-shaped, but other than that, they were delicious! I think the men didn't have enough to eat because shortly after dinner all of us went to ABC market at Bukit Merah to have supper!

No comments: