Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mega Tracks Network

Got a confession to make...I actually love to play with my kids' toys. Lego, and now it's wooden train tracks. We were given the first set from TT's nephews who have outgrown them. It was an IKEA figure-of-eight train set. Then, TT & I went to Toys R' Us and got 2 more expansion sets at 2 separate occasions because we "needed" to make bigger and more complex networks. Subsequently, my sister also gave us a second-hand set of wooden tracks they got from a garage sale. This was a pretty large set of tracks. We now have a sizeable collection of wooden tracks! (You may also rightly surmise that we have a worrying toy storage problem brewing in our tiny apartment.)

Woohoo! TT and myself have a whale of a time constructing all sorts of complicated train networks. Usually they don't survive more than an hour because public enemy no. 1 ZaacZilla will destroy them after briefly dragging his trains through the tracks. Here are two of the many networks I did in two separate occasions. I thought I'd better take photos because they weren't easy to construct and I feel so "sayang" they get destroyed with one Zilla-kick.

Now TT is thinking of buying a Thomas the Tank Engine battery-operated train ($29.90, U.P. $39.90) to run through our tracks. Toys R' Us is having a Christmas sale now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, thank you for visiting my blog earlier. Thanks so much for all this information you left me. From the look of things, two days are way to short to enjoy all … and reading all about makes my so excited. I really appreciate the effort you have made to inform me of Singapore. I will keep you posted on my travels. Thank you :-)