Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fri, 24 Nov - More Public Transport Adventures

Had an appointment with my gynae in the afternoon but decided to take the whole day off from work. My sis would be busy in the morning fulfilling some baking orders, so she left her kids at my place. Originally wanted to take the kids for ride to the airport to take the skytrain. Isaac keeps talking about it. But I felt it was so silly to travel so far just to take the stupid thing from one Terminal to another. So I suggested taking the Bukit Panjang LRT from Choa Chu Kang Station instead. My mum thought that was a good idea, so we set off.

You know since the Bukit Panjang LRT was up in 1999, I've never had the chance to take this LRT. This would be my first time as well and I was quite excited too (me, excited about public transportation. HA! what a joke.) We took the MRT from Queenstown to Choa Chu Kang, then transferred to the LRT loop service.

It was a pretty long ride, with the light train taking about 30 minutes to complete the whole loop, going to parts of Singapore I've never been before. But I think it was a better choice than taking the skytrain! Isaac sat right at the front of the open view window with me and the girls & my mum were at the back. I'm sure Isaac enjoyed the experience. I know I did. While we were in the LRT, it poured. After one loop, the kids said they had enough, so we decided to head back home on the MRT to Queenstown. We reached home just in time for lunch and it had stopped raining. These are pics of the kids taking the LRT.
I had to rush off for my appointment at NUH after lunch, so I left the kids to do some stained glass art with my maid, while Isaac took a nap. This is the result of their handiwork.

No comments: