Saturday, December 23, 2006

Thu, 21 Dec - Singapore Garden Festival

I took leave today because I was going to help my sister make Christmas cookies with the kids in the afternoon. I'm clueless about baking and I just wanted Cheryl to have some hands-on experience. I was contemplating what I should do in the morning... Wanted to utilise my free Golden Village passes but there weren't any movie that I wanted to watch screened in the morning. So I decided to visit the Singapore Garden Festival instead.

TT dropped me off at Suntec City as the SGF had not opened yet and I managed to get Cheryl's Christmas present: A sandart kit and a card-making kit, since she was into these arty-crafty things.

I was pleased to get a SGF ticket at $4.50 instead of $6 using my NTUCLink card. There was quite a good crowd considering it was a weekday. Lots of old folks and people on wheelchairs! I took many, many, many pictures, especially the orchids. There were so many prize-winning and exquisite-looking species, I felt quite overwhelmed. I just took shot after shot of flowers that caught my eye. All of them were so beautiful. The various landscapes were also very nicely done up, you just have to see them for yourself as the pictures don't do them any justice. Here are just some of the pics I took. Pic of a lady's finger plant, quite intrigued by the way the finger grows:

One of many prize-winning orchids. This was the only one of its kind in the exhibition. It's almost as large as my palm and has almost semi-transparent petals:

Another large impressive orchid:

Unfortunately I had to rush through the whole exhibition within an hour and a half as I had to go home to pick Cheryl up and go to my sis' place to bake cookies. I even missed lunch since I had a heavy breakfast.

At my sis' place we managed to bake lots of gingerbread men and Christmas tree cookies. The kids helped to decorate them with icing sugar and mini M&Ms. Here's a a shot of their handiwork. My sis will be giving them away to friends and relatives for Christmas.

No comments: