Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sun, 3 Dec - John Little Warehouse Sale at Expo

$plurge Weekend Part 3

Today we took a breather from our usual park-horse-clams program we've been having over the past few Sundays. There was a drizzle in the morning, so we couldn't go to the park. I badly wanted to go to the JL Warehouse sale at the Expo so we decided to make our way there. Of course I had extreme reservations about going there - on top of the JL Sale, there was Sitex, Big Boyz Toyz, and church services... on a Sunday somemore!! But I really needed (wanted) to do some shopping, esp. for Christmas gifts. I was right, half of Singpore was there (the rest went to IKEA Tampines,haha... according to reliable sources, VivoCity is not that crowded anymore!) The Expo carpark was super-duper full, every little illegal space was taken. TT dropped me, the kids and maid off first while he went to find a place to park somewhere far away.

Fortunately for me, I think the crowds must have been at some other exhibitions because the JL Sale crowd was quite acceptable to me. My maid and TT looked after the kids while I shopped like a mad woman. I skipped lunch while TT and the maid brought the kids to eat. Thankfully the claypot laksa I had in the morning sustained me till dinnertime.I spent a total of $183 for kids clothes, christmas gifts, toys, stationery, underwear, cushion, Vitamin C pills, a Thomas VCD & some other stuff. Even my maid managed to get a $10 handbag. Quite happy with my haul in just about 2 hours. Wish I could shop somemore. This is a snapshot of the kids' clothes I bought.

While we were queueing up to pay, TT had to leave us to go entertain some overseas guest. The kids were playing around my trolley as I queued. We queued for about 20-30 min to reach the cashier. Isaac got tired and decided to take a nap, so my maid carried him. We had originally wanted to take the MRT back but since I had so much stuff to carry and with Isaac asleep, I convinced Cheryl that we should take a cab. The cab fare came up to $15.30 plus $2 Expo surcharge. I wonder if this cancelled the savings I made in the sale...:(

It was almost 3pm when we reached home, and my maid went off soon after as it was her half day off. So it's just me and the kids at home. While Isaac slept, I taught Cheryl to draw using the new Crayola crayons ($6.90 for 64 colours) and we also played with the Thomas memory game (both bought in the sale). Later the kids played at my neighbour's place and even had dinner there. It's nice to have neighbours to help each other out and have kids as playmates.

JL Sale = $183
Taxi = $17.30
Total = $200.30

No comments: