Friday, December 22, 2006

Sat, 9 Dec - Escape Theme Park

Since there was a promotion of $6 instead of the usual $16.50 per entry, we decided to give the Escape Theme Park at Downtown East a try in the morning. My sis and nieces, as well as my maid also came along. The kids were really excited when they were at the entrance. Personally, I must say I was rather disappointed. Perhaps most of the rides are more suitable for older children and teens. Not much choice for the younger kids and family. I don't think it's fair to compare it with the Genting theme park, but I must say it was still a letdown for me.

Singapore really needs a proper respectable theme park and I'm glad the Marina and Sentosa IR projects are underway. The kiddy rides here are so tiny and unimpressive. The kids took the Choo Choo Train, Ferris Wheel, Red Baron airplane ride (see pics), Yakult Kite Flyer and the Family Coaster. And I thought the ones in Genting were bad.

The Family Coaster ride was a bit too thrilling for Cheryl, though my nieces loved it. Probably it's her first experience on a slightly more motion-aggressive ride. Maybe she'll learn to like this kind of thrilling feeling as she grows older. We wanted to try the Daytona Beginner's Track (Go-Kart)but the queue was moving much too slowly, so we gave up. Quite a number of rides were closed too. The carnival games were a real rip-off at $2 for 3 throws. We only played because we were given the free coupons. We also had free popcorn and ice-cream.

In all due fairness, the kids did actually enjoy themselves but I think we adults were just relieved we did not pay the full fare to "enjoy" such mediocre attractions. I think Isaac liked the Choo Choo Train ride but he'd be better off taking the Bukit Panjang LRT! Definitely my first and last time there unless I'm forced to go again.

No comments: