Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sat, 23 Dec - Good Ol' IMM

We haven't been to IMM for some time now ever since we discovered VivoCity, so we decided to go there today. Surprisingly it was not crowded and we had little trouble finding tables at the foodcourt.

We managed to take a Christmas Choo-choo train which took us around the shops on level 2. Me & my sis felt so silly sitting in the train, but the kids just love such rides.
In the afternoon my sis and kids came over to my place and she helped me to bake my very first cake! I have never taken home economics in school and am absolutely clueless when it comes to baking. Getting started was the difficult part... I needed to get all my equipment, so I had been making a few trips to a shop at Jurong East called Phoon Huat to get my baking supplies: some baking trays, a flour sifter, greaseproof paper, baking powder etc.

I had laid my hands on a children's baking book and found one of the simpler recipes I thought I was capable of handling: a honey carrot sultana cake. This recipe didn't require an electric mixer, something I hope to get eventually if I want to try other recipes.

The appearance of the cake wasn't exactly beautiful but it turned out alright. A little too moist and too sweet for my liking actually. Decorated the cake with icing sugar and sugar toadstools. These are pics of my efforts...Before and after decoration. The kids were more excited about the sugar toadstools more than anything. They said the cake tasted OK but they didn't exactly ask for extra helpings...heehee

No comments: