Sunday, October 21, 2007

Miracle!!! Sorta

Got to record this down cos I think it's a miracle, even though the event was really trivial.

Today was my stipulated day of rest... a day where I could get a kiddie break for some hours to do my stuff. I really don't know how long since I've really had time to myself to do my own stuff. TT gets to play his badminton once or twice a week, so I demanded that he gave me some time "off". I have been feeling really shacked out at work and at home for the past weeks, more so after the kids' bout of fever last weekend.

So this morning I had an early breakfast of yummy foccacia bread, melted cheese over ham and fresh mushrooms. Then I took a bus to Blessed Sacrament Church for mass at 9am. TT was still asleep. After mass I headed to Holland Village where I wanted to check out the sale at Lim's Arts and Living, see if I could get anything for our new place. I got 2 mirrors for the kids' room.

Meanwhile, TT brought the kids to East Coast Park for a picnic with my in-laws. Then I realized I had forgotten to bring my house keys!! Aaarrgghhh, how was I to enter my own home without my keys? Nobody was home! I tried to call my mum, she was my last hope. No good, she didn't switch on her handphone...

Never mind, I decided to have lunch at the Holland V market. I ate nasi lemak using chopsticks and plastic spoon. This silly stall didn't have any proper eating utensils... hmmmm! All this while I tried to call mum, hoping she'd suddenly remember to look at her handphone. I guessed she might be in church and had switched it off. But I figured the 10.30am mass should be over by now... still can't get through to her. Mum sometimes goes back to my place after church. Tried calling my own home and her home, nobody picks up. I'm done with lunch, so walked slowly to the bus stop. What should I do now? Two buses arrive, one heading to my mum's place, the other to my place. Should I go back home? Or should I try to search for her at Sheng Siong supermart? She sometimes goes there after church too. Or should I go to her place and wait for her to come home? In a split second, I decided to take bus 61 which goes to her place.

Then this was when the miracle happened... As the bus stopped at one of the bus stops along Tanglin Halt Road, who should board the bus but my mum herself!! I thought it was freaky. I thought I might be lucky enough to spot her walking around the vicinity, but for her to actually board the same bus I was on... She sat in front and I got up and sat beside her. She was a little surprised. I asked her about her phone, and she took it out and yes she had forgotten to switch it on. Whatever it was, I felt really glad. I almost felt the day had been ruined because I had forgotten to take my house keys. I had wanted to go home to settle do some stuff, and I thought I had wasted my time. Was really in a foul mood, but seeing my mum really made me feel great again.

We alighted at her bus stop, I got my home keys from her and from there I made my way home, while she went her way. Anyway, it was just a 2-hour respite at home before the kids came back. Didn't really get to do much at home, I just didn't know where to start in the packing! But thinking about how things worked out today, can't help feeling blessed...

No comments: