Friday, October 19, 2007

June 2007 - Summary

Jun 16-18 - Short Trip to KL
Day 1. We decided to go somewhere else besides Genting this time during the school hols, so we went to Mines Resort in KL with our neighbour, Sean and his family. Drove up and reached KL at the mid afternoon. We stayed at the chalet style rooms during our stay. We took the mandatory water taxis that took us around the area. Didn't go out to KL as it was already in the evening.
Day 2. We had a taste of KL's trains as we made our way to the Petronas Towers by public transport. No chance to go up though as all the tickets were taken up. Thereafter we went to Times Square where kids had fun at the theme park while ladies shopped.
Day 3. Before heading back home to S'pore, we made a trip to the Eye on Malaysia, the big ferris wheel in KL. It wasn't as big as I expected, after having seen the framework for the Singapore Flyer. But it was good enough
for the kids. We had the ride all to ourselves, which was good and bad... good becos there was no queue, bad bcos the ride ended sooner as it did not stop to load up passengers. Got a good aerial view of KL and as usual we took lots of pics.

Jun 25 - Isaac starts preschool
As Isaac was a September baby, I decided to delay his pre-nursery class for 6 months instead of January this year. Perhaps it wasn't Isaac who wasn't ready but me... I didn't want to let go of my baby yet! I accompanied him for 2 days and he was on his own from the 3rd day onwards. Of course there were tears, but the teacher told me some weeks later that he had settled in very well. I could see he really enjoyed the activities in school like singing and colouring. Even in his second day, his teacher commended on his meticulous painting skills which I think he picked up from his big sister. Well, my baby's all grown up now... Here's a pic of the kids in their school uniform.

No comments: