Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sun, 8 Oct - Haze is gone! At least for today...

Woke up to a gloriously clear day this morning...no haze in sight. Never thought I would feel so grateful for such unpolluted air! A visit to the park was definitely in order. Cheryl wanted Pasir Ris again, but TT & I wanted Botanic Gardens! Two votes against one! Cheryl's bad behaviour returned today, starting with a tantrum because she forgot to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on cable...*sigh*

Ignoring her whines, we made our way to the main lake of Botanic Gardens. We managed to feed one of the two swans there. The turtles and fish seem to be much more reserved than the ones at the Symphony lake. After that we went to the nearby field to play frisbee. This is me trying to imitate the sculpture.

Unfortunately, I was not strong enough, and Isaac was a wee bit too overgrown. TT had more success, but he's got no boobs like the sculpture... haha! Cheryl managed to collect some leaf specimens from the ground, and later at home I helped her to make this picture collage.

In the afternoon, we had some friends and their 2 kids over at our place for a swim.


3 comments:

S* said...

Hi Karen!

I seem to be unable to see the pictures of your leaf collage, but at least you guys sound like you are having fun in sunny Singapore! It is getting cold here (brrr....) and I so want to swim outdoors in the sunshine!

B.Karen Goh MM said...

s*,
You're not dreaming! I had not uploaded the pic yet when u read the post! Sorry... pics should be up by the time u read this comment...or when u pop by again...

S* said...

Hi Karen,

Yep can I see those photos now! I hope you and the kiddies are doing okay amidst the awful haze in Singapore. Was reading that the PSI was something awful like 140... I shudder when I think that I have to move to Beijing and leave all this greenery behind!