Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sat, 7 Oct - TT's Birthday

I'm making a note of today because it's one of those rare occasions when Cheryl seemed to be influnced by her good angel! In the morning, without much fuss, she had her breakfast and I took her for her chinese class.

After class, she asked me to help her make a birthday card for Daddy. Hmmm, I'm thinking..."Very last-minute leh ... I'd been reminding her all week to make a card." Anyway I helped her to write the words in glue and she sprinkled the glitter on it. I drew a cake and she coloured it and added balloons to the picture. These are pics of our handiwork...
Then I asked her to practise playing on her keyboard as she was going for her music lesson in the afternoon and had been too lazy to practise all week. Surprisingly, with me coaching her only a couple of times, she managed to play quite well, and of course I praised her profusely, because I was really quite pleased. During the lesson, I was glad she was able to play well too, and I think it boosted her morale that she was actually able to play a couple of songs properly all by herself. She was even attentive during class. Over the last few weeks, I was almost tempted to stop the classes because she seemed to be losing interest and was too lazy to practise. I hope she'll be encouraged by her own ability and be motivated to practise this week. We'll see...

As a reward, I bought her a bar of FruitTella and a box of ink stamps to play with. She only ate one sweet and said she would eat the rest some other time! *Shock!* Even my sister noticed her good behaviour!

At night, my sis and I brought TT out for a dinner treat at a Japanese restaurant at SAFRA Mt. Faber. We really stuffed our faces with meat and grilled shishamo (pregnant fish) and other food in the a la carte buffet. Too bad we all don't like raw fish, so I can't comment on those. But the food items we ordered were yummy. After dinner we rushed back to celebrate the TT's birthday with the usual cake and candle-blowing. The kids were eagerly waiting for this as you can see in this pic...

Sadly, Cheryl's good angel did not return the next day... sigh...

No comments: