Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sun, 22 Oct - We love Lego

Thanks to the haze, TT decided to join us for Mass again at Holy Cross in the late morning. So perhaps the haze is a blessing in disguise...

In the evening, we decided to go to OG Orchard with our neighbour and Sean. We wanted to get a Lego set so that Cheryl can build more houses. She's been spending her time building instead of watching TV and we're glad to get her more bricks to make her creations. We got her a big tub at $49.90. I personally love to play with Lego and I wish I could buy more. This is the second set we've bought for her, the first being a Duplo set (bigger bricks). The rest were gifts or passed down from my nephews. I can still remember hounding my mother when I was a kid to buy this big Lego set which cost $99.90. I still remember it was a set with only blue and red bricks building a container truck, helicopter or crane, and other creations. That was the only set I had and now I wish I had not given it away when I eventually "outgrew" it.

Now, even TT and I have lots of fun helping Cheryl build her own town using the colourful bricks she has. Cheryl can follow the instructions to build simple items and even built her own houses. Inspired by our Genting trip, TT built this Lego Ferris wheel and I built the Astro Fighter Ride (below). Both creations can actually spin!




I also made this integrated playground. Notice it has a slide, see-saw, merry-go-round, monkey bars and basketball court. Like the creations above, the parts are movable as well! We helped Cheryl build these houses. Aren't they pretty?

However Cheryl made these simple creations herself: some trees, a picnic table and chairs, and a jeep.

Well, the hardest thing about Lego is breaking up your creations, but we're running out of bricks and soon we'll have to dismantle them. Or maybe buy another set???

2 comments:

S* said...

Hi Karen

to insert a post between 2 others, for example to put a "friday 2 jan" between "thursday 1 jan" and "saturday 3 jan", just create a new post like normal. Then go to "preview" and close it. There should be a time and date bar appearing at the bottom right corner. Select "2 jan" for the date, and that friday post will show up between the other 2 when you refresh your blog.

Mail me if you have problems!

B.Karen Goh MM said...

Sharon, thanks for the tip! yes as you can see i managed to insert the Deepavali post in between where i wanted. ta dah!