Friday, October 20, 2006

Sat, 14 Oct - An Electone for Cheryl

This evening, we arranged with my aunt to move my cousin's old electone organ to our place. TT borrowed a goods van from our brother-in-law in Tampines. In the evening, we drove to my aunt's place at Bt. Batok and transported the electone back to our place. It is still in good condition, and now I'm trying to figure out how to operate the buttons correctly. Now Cheryl will have a proper keyboard to practise on, though we'll need to always find some way to keep Isaac from interfering with her practice... This is a picture of Isaac tinkering at the electone.
Our place is already so crowded with so many things, and we still managed to squeeze this electone into one corner of the living/dining room. I will really need to throw some stuff out or move out to a bigger apartment! We don't know how long Cheryl will be able to keep up her interest with the keyboard. We're hoping she'd eventually progress to play the piano when she's older. Otherwise, I thought I might just pick up my electone playing again. Isaac is also showing some interest, so maybe the electone may still be of some use.

No comments: