Saturday, February 10, 2007

Spring Cleaning

We spent the whole morning packing up stuff from my late dad's workplace and also from where he was staying.

Also did some spring cleaning in preparation for the Lunar New Year. Because of my Dad's death, we will supposedly not be celebrating CNY in "full force"... This is not by choice, since we're not superstitious. But certain relatives are, so we were told not to visit, since we would be bringing along "bad vibes" into their homes if we visit (or something to that effect). Along the same vein, we're also not supposed to be giving out red packets or "ang pows", Yippee!!! But I guess I can still give ang pows to my nieces and visit my mum and sis since the bad vibes will be flowing internally anyway! haha... And anybody who doesn't mind bad-luck-infused ang pows, I will willingly give!

At night we brought our kids and nieces for a car ride through Chinatown just to soak in the sights. The light-up was totally unimpressive and the place really crowded. Being crowd-phobic, we never stepped out of the car. Saw crazy people queueing for bak-kwa... By the time we brought the kids back, they were asleep, except for Isaac who had a nap in the afternoon.

No comments: