Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rest In Peace, Papa

The last five days really whizzed past in a blur. It all started on Friday
morning (2 Feb) when I got a call at the office that my dad had a heart
attack while he was at his desk. He could not be resuscitated and was already
dead when I reached the hospital (SGH)'s A&E. To cut the story short, it was
non-stop frenzy of rushing from one place to another: hospital, morgue, my
dad's place, casket, his workplace etc; answering and making many phone calls
and messages from both my own and my late dad's handphone; making all the
wake, funeral and cremation arrangements; receiving relatives and friends at
the wake, putting up obituary ad, getting miscellaneous paperwork done.
Frankly, there wasn't any time to feel sad and mope. We're all shocked at his
sudden death because he was always fit and active. Nevertheless he was
actually already quite old (71 years old). We're comforted by the fact that
he didn't have to endure prolonged suffering and pain before he breathed his
last. Everyone, including my mum, is holding up fine and the kids do not
appear to be too affected by his passing. They still don't quite understand
what death is.(Will fill in with more details and some morbid pics (just kidding) later.)

Now with those things out of the way, the sense of loss and the reality that
he is truly gone is slowly creeping up on me, especially when I'm sorting out
his personal stuff like his bag, wallet, medicine, driving license, ez-link
cards etc. There was some cash in his wallet and I unconciously left it in
there...as if I had expected to one day return the wallet back to him again.

Papa, we will miss you...

No comments: