Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Toothless No More

The highlight for today was that I would be fixing up my broken front tooth! I decided to take the whole day off and run some errands in the morning, like banking in my four $1K cheques from Mr. Sim! Also took the opportunity to realise my existing unit trust and switch to another fund which will supposedly give me more returns.

Having had to endure six days of embarassing toothless smiles and spastic drafty pronunciation, I was actually looking forward to the dental appointment this afternoon. After about 30 minutes of unbearable drilling... lo and behold, I have a new tooth! Because the tooth was orignally slightly crooked, that's why the patched up tooth looks naturally "sengek". It's actually shorter than the original tooth, but I guess it's also not a good idea to make the teeth longer as that makes it more prone to breaking again.

This is supposedly just a temporary solution. No point doing crowning (which is very expensive) now because my tooth could just die on me and I may need to remove the crowning to do a root canal and then crown it again. So it's just a $50 filling for the time being. I will need to monitor the tooth for the next 6 months or so and then decide on my next course of action. The new tooth extension still feels a little foreign and I must be careful not to bite anything too hard. But at least now I don't feel so "naked" anymore and it even looks quite natural. :o) These are before and after pics of my front teeth.

Cheryl who followed me to the dentist patiently sat at the waiting area while the dentist did the job. When I came out and showed her my new tooth, she was quite intrigued and asked me if the dentist had glued my broken tooth back!

1 comment:

Javanutster said...

Finally, the Mouth of Sau..er, Karen!

Too bad you didn't have any pics of the remnants, plus the drilling debris. :-)