Monday, January 01, 2007

Sun, 31 Dec - Goodbye 2006!

It was a really fine morning, so we decided to go to the Botanic Gardens since we had lots of leftover bread to feed the fish. Seems like we haven't been to the park for a long time because of the wet weather. My sis family came too.

After that we had a lunch of chicken rice... from me and mum's favourite chicken rice stall which had shifted from Tanglin Halt to a coffee shot near my sister's place at Clementi! What luck!

Later the kids came over to our place for a swim. I watched the movie "Nacho Libre" which my sister lent me. It was hilarious! Mum cooked my favourite ayam buah keluak and kiam chye soup. At last some real hearty food after the stomach flu episode...

TT managed to squeeze in a game of mahjong with our neighbours. Then close to midnight, TT brought my sis and kids to Seletar Country Club where my BIL was working, for the year-end countdown. I remained at home as Isaac was already asleep. I watched the fireworks display from my living room window. Personally Ithought it was quite an interesting display, as I've never seen a couple of firework formations before.

So 2006 came to a close just like that. Without much fanfare, at least for me. The final week of 2006 had turned out to be quite different from what I was expecting it to be like. I'm putting that behind me and silently praying this new year would be a good one for the family.

No comments: