Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kelong Trip

TT and my BIL Mel, made an overnight fishing trip (Fri-Sat) to a kelong near the Sibu Islands off the coast of west Johor. From the jetty they took a speedboat to one of the kelongs located in the middle of the sea.
I've been there before once while I was 6 months pregnant with Isaac in June 2004. Yeah, a heavily pregnant woman riding on a speedboat! This is a pic of me fishing then! Looks like I caught something! Actually it's the first time for me doing something like this. Using a string of about 4 baitless hooks, me & my sis managed to catch a good number of small fish so that the guys can use them as bait for larger catches. The guys enjoy going there for fishing. So my sister and I magnanimously allowed them to go for the fishing trip themselves. Fortunately, Isaac didn't miss TT too much for that one night and didn't give me any trouble while I was putting him to bed.

They went there in the hope of catching a good number of ikan parang, which was supposed to be in season. In the end, Mel managed to catch only one ikan parang, while TT caught a respectable-sized unidentified fish (see pic) which we steamed and ate for dinner on Saturday when they returned. The rest of the catch consisted of smaller fish like ikan kuning.

No comments: