Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fri, 8 Sept - MC

The cold and cough finally got the better of me. Was feeling really bad the night before with a bad headache. This morning I felt slightly better but the headache was still there. Went to the doc's in the morning and after that "escaped" to my mum's place nearby to rest. Once in a while we take refuge at my mum's place when we do not wish to be disturbed by the kids. I know I wouldn't be able to get any respite from the kids if I had gone back home. I even managed to do a little bit of packing while I was there. Threw out some stuff (some of my ex-boyfriend's love letters! haha). I left quite a bit of stuff (including toys) behind at my mum's place when I moved out about 3 years ago. I brought the whole lot of plastic animals back home. Gave them a good wash in soapy water and left them near the window to dry. Isaac and Cheryl would have some fun playing zoo, safari or farm.

By 1pm, I was feeling much better even though I didn't take any medication given by the doc, so I decided to go home and have lunch since I was also hungry. So I managed to spend some time with the kids after all in the afternoon.

No comments: